If you would like to refresh yourself after a long day of working or studying, then making a fortune teller paper and write some funny predictions on it. Next, play with your friend or kid. After all, both will have a great moment and experience. Also known as an art of Origami, the toy has been frequently played by many people of all ages, thanks to its easy-to-make, simple, small and portable function. Although it takes some time and patience to make a full toy, the game is still worth your attention. Today, let’s learn more about this art by reading this article!
In general, the art of Origami is classified into 2 main groups, including ancient and contemporary groups. When it comes to ancient models, it is important to think that the same folds are being used to this every day. The oldest origami book, for instance, still in existence, which consists of instructions and diagrams for folding a paper crane. Those who have ever been fond of the model would quickly recognize and follow the steps along, despite the fact that the book has been in Japanese.
A brief history of fortune teller paper
The origami paper fortune teller is another ancient model which has not changed with time. That means the same folds produce the same construction. Although its history remains somewhat of a mystery, it seems to have originated in Japan during the 17th century. The design spread to Europe and beyond from there! Just think of the toy as the paper version of the Magic Eight Ball. Furthermore, it is also a childhood game that spans generations. And although its rules can vary depending on your region, the overall concept is trusted to remain the same. The following are other names for the device:
- Cootie catcher
- Salt celler
- North, east, southwest
How about the original purpose of fortune teller? This question is still shrouded in a mystery. But, for me, it has been applied for fun moments and folding skill improvement. And what you should keep in mind is that the origami model dates back centuries and it has brought players a lot of laughter.
Cootie catcher wedding ideas
The paper fortune teller game applied for a wedding party should be made from beautiful scrapbook paper. That means the paper should match your wedding colors and/or flowers. Each quadrant should have a distinct color of flowers in place that writes out the word of the color, just like what is done on traditional fortune teller paper.
First of all, give your guests pre-made fortune tellers or equip each of the wedding reception tables with necessary instructions and supplies to make their own. At that time, pre-made cootie catchers may include fun stories about the bride and groom. Your guests are able to take turns quizzing one another and having fun while waiting for the dinner or wedding party to arrive. What if the guests make the one on their own? Then, make sure to include some examples of what they may write on their paper toys below:
- How do you know the happy couple?
- What is your sign?
- What is your favorite color?
After all, paper cootie catcher is a great icebreaker for wedding guests and is able to make small-talk and bit more fun.
Which funny questions to write in a Cootie Catcher?
- In a Valentine’s Day: Consider using red or pink paper and cute heart stickers.
– Who was your first kiss?
– Who is the one you want to date with tonight?
– What is your favorite romantic movie?
- In a New Year: Consider using gold paper and glittery stickers.
– What is your resolution?
– What do you want in the new year?
– Want to have a sweet kiss at midnight?
- In a Halloween: Consider using black or orange paper with stickers of spiders or skeletons.
– You can be bitten by a werewolf tonight!
– You can be kissed by a witch!
– What is your favorite scary movie?
- In a Christmas: Consider using green or red paper with stickers of Christmas lights or candy canes.
– What is your dream for this year?
– Do you want to meet Santa this night?
– What is your favorite Christmas memory?
- In a Thanksgiving: Consider using plain brown cardstock and stickers of leaves or turkeys.
– What are you especially thankful for this year?"
– Wish to have dinner with all family members this day?
– What is your best-loved thing to eat at Thanksgiving dinner?
Can not find the right stickers? Then, it is time to make use of a stamp or decorative paper punch instead. It is possible to signify different colors with scrapbook colors or ink. Then, glue the punched-out paper shapes onto your paper toy. If you would like to make more than a few cootie catchers in the next events, stamps and punches are able to save you some money in case stickers are too expensive.
Paper fortune tellers make wonderful party favors and conversation starters as your guests will get a little nostalgic. Of course, playing with these types of toys never goes out of style. There are many reasons why people fall in love with this toy. First of all, it is one of the few origami paper crafts that they may actually fold with ease and come out perfect every time. Second, its simple and easy-to-make ideas help to customize to fit any occasion. Regardless of whether you play with kids or friends, it always brings you an unforgettable experience.